Retail Market Principles
1) Customer Choice provides superior energy solutions
for customers, enabling innovative product development
and ensuring the most efficient retail market price.
2) Customer Choice facilitates greater sustainable and renewable energy
development and more efficient energy purchase decisions.
3) Low income and special needs customers should be afforded equal
access to competitive opportunities.
4) Default service should neither create barriers to entry nor lead
to cost shifting.
5) Markets require stable and transparent rules and regulations for
private investment to occur.
6) The components of the default price of electricity should be
transparent for all Californians.